Hi 215 Families- Here are resources I put together and below is a sample schedule your kids could follow if they aren’t already following one :). I am putting the link from the google doc I was using in case you want to edit or add anything yourself: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fMh2eVgEn1bhd9uptL69krHcIsJv_AFkZhSDakGpaUM/edit
*Math Websites/Apps: Engage NY- https://www.engageny.org- I was using this resource for enrichment with the kids. Mostly working within 3rd Grade Module 1.
- ST Math is Free right now for parents. I am trying to get it free for the school but need to wait- so in the meantime I would sign your child up- I just did for mine. https://www.stmath.com/coronavirus
- IXL- IXL.com We have an account for IXL for math, reading, social studies and science. Username: rayroom215 Password: sweeney70
- Khan Academy
You can also buy a 2nd or 3rd grade math book off of Amazon for skills practice if you would like to limit screen time.
*Reading: Students are signed up on Epic which is another great reading app. Kids should be keeping up their reading of an hour a day. Research shows that independent reading is the best way to increase a students reading level in second grade- so read read read! Although most are book-worms already:)
*Writing: Here are prompts for students to write about each day… I will be sending a project for Informational Writing in the next week.
What’s the most important thing you would like to do this summer?
- Go for a walk. Write a sentence about the walk you went on.
- Write about a trick you would like to play on your mom.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play outside?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play inside?