Notes for Families
- Progress Reports will go home today in students folders.
- Hearing and Vision testing will begin March 9-13.
- LSC Meeting- Thursday, March 12th
- PTO Meeting- Family Cooking Night- Tuesday, March 24th
- Snack – Students with the last name starting with M-Z, please bring in snack for the month of March. Please bring enough for 21 students. We have nut allergies in the class so please bring a snack without nuts/peanuts.
What is happening in class….
Math- We will return to measuring this week by discussing yards and meters. We will also learn about arm-span and enter data into different types of graphs.
Reading – We will continue to infer character feelings, track characters’ actions, thoughts, and words across a story. We will focus this week on inferring what a character has learned from an experience, and how the lesson/moral of a story can be applied to a reader’s life.
Writing – We will continue our opinion writings. Students will finish their first rough draft and learn how to edit their own drafts.
Social Studies – We will celebrate Women’s International Day on Monday by learning about Malala and other strong women activists. .
Science – We will continue the Solids and Liquids Unit with more investigations on changing states of matter. We will also discuss attributes of solids and liquids.
Homework chart for the week:
|Math||Homelink 7.8||7.9 Homelink||Review||Review||NO homework|
|Reading & Reading Log||Read for 20 minutes and fill our reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes|