Weekly Newsletter December 16th-20th
Notes for Families
- Spirit Week!
- Monday – Ugly/Beautiful Sweater
- Tuesday – Character & role play OR Crazy mix match /backwards day
- Wednesday – Floor color war day & Family night
- Thursday – Pajama, story, movie & stuffed animal day
- Friday – Dance Party and Sports
- Family Night 12/18 from 4-6! The theme will be the Twas’ the Week Before Winter Break
- Snack – Students with the last name starting with A-L, please bring in snack for the month of December. Please bring enough for 22 students. We have nut allergies in the class so please bring a snack without nuts/peanuts.
- We are still collecting lunch forms!
What is happening in class….
Math- We do 4.5-4.8 this week. We will be focusing on place value and measuring. Please keep practicing telling time at home.
Reading – We continue to put all of our nonfiction strategies to use and also determine importance in details.
Writing – We will finish up our lab report and then begin “ How To” writing.
Social Studies – We will continue to research different native american tribes in the U.S. and learn how living in different regions affected their way of life.
Science – We are going to discuss how plates move in motion. We are also going to do a STEM activity with marshmallows.
Homework chart for the week:
|Math||4.5 Homelink||4.6 Homelink||4.7 Homelinks||4.8 Homelinks||No HW|
|Reading & Reading Log||Read for 20 minutes and fill our reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes|