Notes for Families
- Field Trips! This Friday (12/6) we are finally going to the Field Museum. Please make sure to send your child with a disposable lunch. On 12/13 we will be going to the Hyde Park School of Dance. The ticket is $9 for chaperones as well.
- Family Night 12/18 from 4-6! The theme will be the Night Before Winter Break!
- Snack – Students with the last name starting with A-L, please bring in snack for the month of December. Please bring enough for 22 students. We have nut allergies in the class so please bring a snack without nuts/peanuts.
- We are still collecting lunch forms!
- The last week before winter break we will be doing some STEM activities with marshmallows. We need a few bags of both small and large marshmallows and would appreciate a donation if possible. We also will be doing activities with tissue paper. If you have some to spare we would appreciate that too!
What is happening in class….
Math- We will finish up Unit 3 this week. We will learn more strategies for subtraction and then review on Thursday and have the Unit 3 test Friday.
Reading – We will keep learning about text features in nonfiction and learning key vocabulary. We will then practice teaching our classmates about our books using key vocabulary and sounding like “experts.”
Writing – We will continue our informational writing unit with science writing. We will create a new experiment to test and write about.
Social Studies – We will research different regions of the United States and learn about how natural resources played into different Native American groups way of life.
Science – We will look at a map of the world and cut it into pieces to represent the different plates and analyze how scientists discovered they used to be connected.
Homework chart for the week:
|Math||3.9 Homelink||3.10 Homelink||3.11||Review||No School|
|Reading & Reading Log||Read for 20 minutes and fill our reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes|