Weekly Newsletter October 7th-11th
Notes for Families
- School Eye Exams is October 9th
- No School October 14th for Indigenous Peoples Day
- Picture day is October 8th.
- International Night is October 16th.
- Snack – Students with the last name starting with M-Z, please bring in snack. We have nut allergies in the class so please bring a snack without nuts.
What is happening in class….
Math- We will continue unit 2 that focuses on fact strategies using addition. Students will practice doubles, combinations of 10, and the turn-around strategy. Please practice counting money at home using a combination of coins and bills.
Reading – This week we will focus on character, setting, problem and solution. We will read books together, independently, and in small guided reading groups discussing these characteristics.
Writing – We will begin publishing our first narrative!
Social Studies – Last week we discussed what it means to be a classroom citizen. This week learn/discuss what it means to be a global citizen.
Science – We will learn about fossils and how rocks moved to different parts of the world over time. This will lead us into plate tectonics and convection currents.
Homework chart for the week:
|Math||Homelinks 2.3||Homelinks 2.4||Homelink 2.5||Homelink 2.6||None|
|Reading & Reading Log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading Log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes → Reading log||Read for 20 minutes|